Powered by WebAds

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Of course: Putin endorses Hussein Obama

I can't tell you how many posts there will be today - or any day until Thursday when I get up from shiva. But since I'm sitting in the terminal in a European country right now and it's so long to flight time that our flight just made the bottom of the board... and there's not much else I can do here... I thought I would blog a little bit.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has decided that he would like to see some of that 'flexibility' that President Obama promised Dmitry Medvedev a few months ago. In what once would have been a kiss of death, Putin has endorsed Hussein Obama's reelection bid.
Russian President Vladimir Putin said the re-election of President Barack Obama could improve relations with the U.S., but that he was also prepared to work with Mitt Romney, calling the Republican candidate’s tough stance on Russia “pre-election rhetoric.”
In contrast to what had been viewed as a chilly attitude toward Mr. Obama, Mr. Putin called his U.S. counterpart “a genuine person” who “really wants to change much for the better.” Speaking to Russia’s state-run RT television channel, he said a second Obama term could help solve disputes over missile defense.
What could go wrong?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger Sunlight said...

Is it "legal" to be on the internet when you are sitting shiva? It must be since you're here. Well, when I've gone to sit with people, the houses are jammed to the rafters and it is too loud with talking to hear yourself think. It is actually a fantastic practice and the people sitting shiva are never left alone and get millions of hugs and a freezer full of food. Lets the waves of feelings dull before leaving you to it. Will you sit on a low chair? or all the way on the floor?

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Carl in Jerusalem said...

Sunlight,

I didn't ask my rabbi and I'm not sure what he would say if I asked. Technically there's no prohibition.

With seven hours to kill here, and no one to comfort me, I don't see much purpose in staring into space and I'm not sure that's much more appropriate.

I also bought a couple of books to read since I cannot study Torah now. That's prohibited for the entire week.

The rest of the week will be different.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Sunlight said...

Totally agreed! Your blog has developed a lot of people who care and who learn from you. Since you've had time over the last couple of years to adjust to your dad not being in his regular place in your life, it may be a while before it hits you. My mom died literally 3 wks before 9/11 and the towers tumbling down. I still, to this day, get a feeling of vertigo when it goes through my mind that she didn't experience that... steady on!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Sunlight said...

BTW, there are some very smart people out in flyover country, who are opposite of the USSR alumni. Smarter than the Jewish communal organizations and possibly segments of the Israeli enterprise:

Navajo Nation Council endorses Heather Wilson (Republican) for Senate! They cite the Environmental Protection Agency's "untenable rulings".

http://www.lcsun-news.com/dona_ana_news/ci_21818208/navajo-nation-council-endorses-wilson-senate

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Empress Trudy said...

Maybe Obama's blind trust isn't so blind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google