Powered by WebAds

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Rubio to endorse Romney? endorses Romney

A Miami Herald blog is reporting that Senator Marco Rubio (R-Fl) is about to endorse has endorsed Mitt Romney for President.
Florida Senator Marco Rubio is about to endorse Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney -- just a week after his political mentor, Jeb Bush, threw in with the party's frontrunner. Update** he's on FOX's Hannity now and made it official.

Rubio's endorsement is another sign that Romney is viewed as the party's inevitable nominee and that the GOP establishment is growing more concerned with the protacted primary that has dragged down Romney's poll numbers.

"I don't have a problem with primaries," Rubio told Sean Hannity. "But I think we're at a stage now where at least two of the candidates have openly admitted that the only way they're going to be able to win the nomination is to have a floor fight in Tampa in August. I don't think there's anything good about that. There is no way that anyone can convince me that having a floor fight at the convention in Tampa in August is a recipe for victory in November. On the contrary. I think it's a recipe for disaster. So I just don't think that's a wise route to go."

Asked if he is endorsing Romney, Rubio said "I am going to endorse Mitt Romney.... He offers such a stark contrast to the president's record."

Rubio said he's convinced of two things: "No. 1, Mitt Romney will govern as a conservative. And No. 2 that he will be head and shoulders better than the guy who's in the White House right now."
I am disappointed. Still, I admit that I would be a lot more comfortable voting for Romney with Rubio on the ticket (and no, Jeb Bush doesn't make me feel as warm as Rubio does). But Rubio is such a contrast with Romney too. He's so much more real and sincere....

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google