Powered by WebAds

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Has @PeterBeinart ever been to Israel?

Martin Kramer came up with this on Facebook on Thursday:
Jeff Goldberg served in the IDF. Tony Judt tried a kibbutz. So tell me what experience Peter Beinart has of Israel? I see an unbroken trail from private school to Yale to Oxford to TNR. Did he join a Zionist youth movement in school? Volunteer on a kibbutz or army base? Do a semester abroad at an Israeli university? Commit first, opine later—that confers standing. As far as I can tell, Beinart has none.
On Twitter, Noah Pollak proposes the following:
My pledge to @PeterBeinart: I'll boycott settler products for the same number of days you've spent in Israel over the course of your life.
If you go to that last link, you can retweet Noah. My guess is that except for the Israeli-born among them, most Leftist Jews have never been to (or spent very little time in) Israel.

Heh.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Well stated. Also many of them have married out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google