Powered by WebAds

Monday, December 31, 2007

Dick Clark's New Year's Eve with Chicago

Those of you who are a bit older than I am may want to watch my show from last New Year's Eve, New Year's Eve with Guy Lombardo. We used to watch that one for kicks, to see the old ladies in their fur coats waltzing in the Waldorf-Astoria. But the show I'm about to put on for you is one I actually remember watching, probably somewhere in southern Connecticut knowing where I hung out back then. This is from December 31, 1974 and I actually still own the album on which this song first appeared (it was given to me as a high school graduation gift six months earlier by a group of 10th graders; I'm still in touch with some of them). The year after this, I was in Times Square in the middle of a sleet storm. But this video brought back memories....

Happy New Year everyone!

1 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger Daniel434 said...

Happy New Years Carl, and thanks for the video! Very Cool. :) I look forward to reading your blog in 2008.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google